Friday 27 November 2009

Wishes from far away

Today I am celebrating my little brother's birthday!!!  My brother (isn't really so little) is one of the funniest, smartest, bravest and heroic men I know.  Last year he celebrated his birthday in Afghanistan, which probably included going on patrol, eating some rations and trying to stay alive...this year he is living it up in his totally lush new pad in Toronto overlooking the lake.  What a difference a year makes!

I miss him a lot.  I miss his humour, his devotion to sci-fi tv shows and the unit, his insistence on watching scary movies and shows even though I know I will have nightmares.  We got to hang out a bit while I was visiting Toronto this past month and it was so much fun!

I am so proud of my brother and everything that he does...even if he refuses to answer his cellphone before 6pm!

Happy birthday Charles!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Victoria,
    I just spotted you blog and I see you live in Chelmsford in England. I live in Sudbury 15 minutes from Chesmsford Ontario Canada. Love tha mixer and wish I had one; great pictures.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita- thanks for stopping by! Between Chelmsford and Essex County in Ontario I don't feel too far from home when I am visiting! xo

    ReplyDelete