Monday 24 September 2012

Mini Madeleines...inspired by Paris



One of my must visit shops in Paris is the fabulous E.Dehillerin.  This cook shop is a mecca for professional chefs and home cooks alike. I've been daydreaming about my visit for ages...constructing my list of NEEDS and my list of WANTS.  The lists weren't long, and for the most part they were realistic. I was looking for all sorts of things...financiers tins, mini madeleine tins, brioche moulds, tart rings (sans bottom)...and a copper milk pan.  

I had to choose.  It was tough. 

Yesterday I put one of my new purchases to the test and made what seemed like a billion mini madeleines.  I used my basic recipe and added lemon zest, poppy seeds and a lemon glaze.  

I wish the madeleines had browned a bit more...but in time the tin will season and my madeleines will be lovely and golden.  Bite sized madeleines make me happy.  



1 comment:

  1. They are sooooooooooo cute - I believe you have chosen wisely ;0)

    ReplyDelete