Friday 2 April 2010

Lentils coming out my ears!!

Work work work...so much work...I totally loved the shepherds pie I made at the beginning of the week so I thought that I would try my hand at another lentil dish for Friday night's dinner.  We sort of celebrated Good Friday on Thursday with a totally yummy fish n chip supper so Friday night's dinner wasn't much of a Easter Celebration...


Vegetarian Lentil Burgers wrapped in lettuce leaves.  I found a recipe for lentil burgers on 101 Cookbooks and adapted it slightly with my own ideas from lentil burgers I have had before.  The base of the burgers was Puy Lentils, but brown or black lentils would be just as nice (they hold their shape really well).  To that I added chopped onion, chopped red chili, chopped parsley and grated carrot,  along with fresh bread crubs and a couple of eggs.  The mixture was way to wet in my opinion so I stirred through about a 1/4 cup of white flour just to bind it all a bit better.  I simply pan fried them and wrapped them in a lettuce leaf...iceburg for crunch...they were so so so yummy and the mixture made lots!! So...lunch tomorrow at work will be able to help me through the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment