Wednesday 19 May 2010

Delicious Vegetarian Lasagne...if I do say so myself!

Last night I made the most delicious vegetarian lasagne (but not homemade pasta...I was at work all day! sheesh!) EVER! It was a bit of a mishmash of different recipes so  I wasn't too sure how it was all going to turn out...but...surprisingly it tasted really good (applause please!!).

I had some left over butternut squash from the tagine the other night so I roasted that in the oven.  I remembered seeing in one of my Jamie Oliver books that he does a layer of roasted butternut squash in one of his more labourous lasagne recipes, so I thought hey! If Jamie does it...it can't be all bad??  So that was the filling for one layer done...what about the other XXXXXX layers??

Lentils!! 

I boiled up about a cup of red lentils (with a few brown lentils to make it up to a cup!!) and added that to sauteed chopped onion, garlic, carrot, celery, zucchini and green pepper.  I added a tin of chopped tomatoes and a jar of store bought pasta sauce...let it all bubble away and thicken...and ta daaaaaaaaa Lentil Bolognaise sauce!

Lasagne sheets layer with bechemal and lentil bolognaise with a surprise layer of chunky roasted butternut squash, served with a side salad of rocket and red chard....so proud!


2 comments: