Sunday 25 July 2010

Purple Citrus and Sweet Perfume...

What a treat!!! I received a cryptic message from my Aunt Sandi the other week to "watch the mail"... wondering what surprises could be in store for me I anxiously listened for the thwap thwap of the mail slot.  To my total surprise I arrived home one day last week to an Amazon package waiting for me at my doorstep.  What could this be? I can only assume it is from Sandi...let's look inside! Ripping the cardboard off, I uncovered the gorgeous, sensual and exciting PURPLE CITRUS AND SWEET PERFUME cookbook by Silvena Rowe.  This book is a celebration of the eastern mediterranean...and MAN is it beautiful!!  There are so many incredible looking dishes, full of colour and flavour, and...well...a good deal of meat.  I am already planning on treating us to some meat over the next couple of weeks so that I can really dive into this gorgeous and totally tempting cuisine, but for now I'm sticking to some of the vegetarian dishes, starting with these easy to make Borek.


Filled with a simple mixture of swiss chard and lentils these Turkish delights (see what I did there?) made for an excellent light mid-week meal served with a simple green salad and some radishes.  The recipes from this book aren't on line but there are similar recipes for chard borek and lentil borek.  Try one...

2 comments:

  1. THEY LOOK AMAZING - I must check that book out too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you THE luckiest of girls????? I think so.

    mummi-ji
    x0x

    ReplyDelete