Monday 28 June 2010

Yotam Ottolenghi's Surprise Tatin

Yes, yes...I love Yotam Ottolenghi! This savoury tatin was an absolute treat to make and an even bigger treat to eat!! 


Baby new potatoes, cherry tomatoes, caramelised onions and puff pastry...what else do you need??  This tatin was easy peasy once all the vegetables were prepared and ready to go...you have to cook the potatoes and roast the tomatoes and sautee the onions before you can get started...but after all that it was simple and such a lovely treat on a hot humid sunday evening.  Totally rustic with a simple green salad and a cold glass of white wine....perfection!! 

The recipe calls for hard goats cheese...which I managed to pick up at the market during the week...and then forgot to layer into the tatin, but I sliced it thinly and ate it along side the tatin anyway!!!  Try it...enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. sounds delightful - well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen hard goat cheese, but i will look around because I know my husband would love this recipe.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I might just be trying this, it sounds lovely. I haven't yet tried any Ottolenghi recipes yet, but am hoping I will be getting "Plenty" for my birthday which is fast approaching - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry...it was so yummy!

    Rita...hards goats cheese is one of my fave new discoveries!!

    Choclette...thank you so much for your lovely comment! and thanks for stopping by! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, your finger crossing must have worked - I have the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Choclette...looking forward to reading about your adventures! I LOVE this book, I hope that you do too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete