Friday 2 October 2009

Use it up Meal #3

£10.00
- 1.95
-0.75
---------
7.30
If I didn't serve some sort of protein/meat dish last night I feared that David would start wilting! I can eat vegetable dishes for ages before craving some meat, but I don't think that David really can. And so yesterday I took a trip to the market and (sticking to my list) I bought ONE chicken breast and some butter...that's it, that's all, that's that!

Like risotto, a stir fry is an easy way to use up spare bits of veg and it is also an easy way to make a small bit of meat go a long way. For me there is something soothing about all the chopping and preparation that goes before the quick fry, and I absolutely LOVE a stir fry! Hardly fine dining, I know, but so easy and so tasty!

Last night's plat du jour was chicken and vegetable stir fry with honey and soy dressing with steamed pak choi on the side. Yum yum yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment