Monday 10 October 2011

Belleau Kitchen Random Recipe Challenge...I'll show you mine...



That Dom has done it again! This month he totally upped his game...getting us all to pair up and choose for each other! No cheating here...not that I would of course...well...ahem...

I got teamed up with the totally inspiring Michael over at Me, My Food and I and after a few emails and random numbers assigned I was faced with the continually avoided recipe for Minted Peas from Jamie Oliver's Ministry of Food.  

I say continually avoided...because...well...while I totally love Ministry of Food and would recommend it to anyone starting out in the kitchen...or just as a good go-to for homily meals...the veggie sides have never really inspired or enticed me.  Well! Isn't this what Random Recipes is all about? trying something new...


Now I have tried it, I can't say that I will try it again.  The peas are cooked with shredded lettuce and spring onions and chicken stock and finished with mint...they weren't great...they looked great...but I didn't like them.  

10 comments:

  1. love the peas... love them so much!... thank you sooooo much for taking part, it seems everyone is enjoying it this month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT recipe actually for me as I LOVE mint and peas!! That is a French way of cooking peas and I love that method.....great RR this month,I loved it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look good, and it least it wasn't the main meal!
    Oh! And I've looked up the pumpkin chutney, yum! I'm going to make it tomorrow, thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am a big big fan of Ministry of Food (my 'go-to' book for yummmy week day meals), but I hadn't been enticed by this particular recipe either to be honest, but thank you for trying it to confirm my suspicions!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They sound and look lovely - i think I would have loved them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with you, who needs to mess with peas, they're just fine the way they are. But at least you got to try it (so that you know you were right about it all along). My RR this month (also a Jamie) is taking a little longer to plan... when in the heck am I going to find time to steam and then roast a stuffed duck in a Chinese stylee? Aaaaaagh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I quite like the sound of them. Probably wouldn't really bother too often to jazz up my peas but if someone made that for me, I would be delighted. Shame you weren't excited by your recipe this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I picked a recipe you didn't enjoy... it was at random... At least you tried it.
    I'll be cooking and eating my random recipe this weekend! Cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love peas, just not minted - your right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have "Ministry" but haven't used it once - must give it another go!

    Pity you didn't like the peas, but at least they didn't take too much work!

    ReplyDelete