Sunday 9 October 2011

Saturday nights in...

I think that it is safe to say, and I am not ashamed to admit it, that from now until Christmas I can be found in front of the telly on Saturday nights.  Between Strictly, Harry Hill, XFactor and Wossy Saturday nights are well and truly full.  

To kick the 12 week marathon off last night I whipped up a batch of Jamie's Chicken Fajitas from his Ministry of Food cookbook.  These are simple to make (made even simpler by buying a pack of mini chicken fillets) and even simpler (yet messy) to eat.  If I didn't have to share I would easily pack away the whole thing! 


Annoyingly the avocado I bought last week in preparation was totally over ripe...although still hard...grrrr.  But served with sour cream, shredded iceberg lettuce and the suggested tomato and chilli salsa I easily forgot about the rotten (totally rotten) avocado and therefore lack of guac.  

6 comments:

  1. I'm with you - Saturday nights in are great at this time of year and this is defo the perfect meal to enjoy in front of the box ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you too, winter is my telly viewing season and tea times have been well planned lately so I can sit down and VIEW! That looks like a prefect meal and I LOVE spicy stuff too.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chele...so much to look forward to on the telly!!! so sad...but so good!

    Karen...we are pretty good about eating up at the table...except for Saturday nights...!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to think our sat night's in are much the same - only thing is we started earlier - watching 'come dine with me' - we missed a few you mentioned - Note to self :- must not forget Harry Hill next week !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Saturday nights in are a must at the moment. Why does your cooking always makes my mouth water....... I made a chicken curry in my crock pot using one of THOSE packets you mix with all the ingredients and i must say it was very good.......xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same here. My social life on the weekend now revolve around X-Factor. Any favourites? Today's was tense.
    The fajita looks delicious. Sorry about the avocado.

    ReplyDelete