Sunday 30 October 2011

Dan Lepard's Honey Nut Muffins

I've been so jealous of everyone tweeting about Dan Lepard's new book, Short and Sweet.  It is at the top of my Christmas List and I just don't know if I can wait wait wait all those weeks to get my hot little hands on it. 

Lucky me though...Dan is also the baking guy for the Guardian, so I think I will just about manage to hold out until Christmas.  During the week he tweeted a teaser for this weekend's recipe... Honey Nut Banana Muffins...well I was hooked! Not only did I have some sad looking bananas at home...but as well all know, Muffins are my "thang".  

I've been pretty lax in my muffin making lately, so I thought...what a great way to get back into the routine!   These muffins are easy to make....like all muffins, you pretty much just mix it all into one big bowl.  The batter is nice and thick, making filling the muffin cups easy (about two spoonfuls in each cup) and they puffed up a treat! 


Try them...you will be so happy with the result! 

10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on this book either. Lush looking muffins should help tide us all over in the meantime though ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a big fan of all types of muffins. These look and sound really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been slack with muffins myself, I hardly ever bake them but do love them. These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking muffins. I wonder if some chunks of apple thrown in would be nice?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those muffins look yummy i must have a go at making some.......xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look wonderful and I would also love the book for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very good. Everyone is on a Dan loveathon at the mo aren't they? I think I've won a copy of this book somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made muffins in ages either. Ruses looks so scrummy, I'm going to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look wonderful, I really think I would be happy eating just muffins for the rest of my life. I really appreciate finding easy one bowl muffins, since I'm usually making them while I'm half-awake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. delicious!!! Will have to add his book to my wish list too...

    ReplyDelete