Tuesday 17 July 2012

An East Anglia Cake-ation...Huckleberries

I am spoiled for choice when it comes to cake in Cromer.  There are at least 5 decent cake shops within spitting distance of the house we stay in...and they all offer homemade cakes.  I like to try to visit them all...you know...share my support. One of my favourites is Huckleberries on Church Street.


Not only are the coffee and cakes good here, but the staff is friendly and they have wifi.  I've been a few times with my dad to have a coffee and check the old email, and it has always been busy.  There are a few seats in the windows on the main level, but there is also a large seating area downstairs.  

This trip we were only interested in cake...cake to take home and devour while watching a dvd and drinking tea.  The selection was good...different cupcakes, tray bakes, brownies and danish pastries.  Everything looked fresh, and it was hard to decide...but in the end I chose the gingerbread with lemon icing and David had a brownie.  

With cakes in hand we dashed home avoiding the puddles and snuggled up for a Jason Bourne-a-thon. Perhaps I needed slightly more cake for a 3 disc movie session...lesson learned.  The cake I did have, however, was light and very gingery...the brownie was gobbled up within seconds of the photoshoot.  

2 comments:

  1. What a cute place! Hmm, next time you'll need to buy a slice for each movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love anything with lemon and ginger, sounds like a cozy evening!

    ReplyDelete