Sunday 20 December 2009

Christmas Gingerbread Pancakes

These pancakes are so yummy they don't have to be JUST for Christmas...but the hint of ginger and cinnamon mixed with the yummy sweet syrupy maple syrup David smuggled back from Canada just screamed CHRISTMAS this morning. 

Karine over at Food Gourmand made gingerbread pancakes last week and after reading her post I was just dieing to try something similar for our Lazy Sunday breakfast this weekend.  Trust me, they didn't disappoint. 

I have tried a few different standard pancake recipes over the last couple of years and I keep coming back to the Joy of Cooking for a no-fail light and fluffy American-style pancake, to which I added 1 tsp ground ginger and 1 tsp ground cinnamon. 

People love all sorts of things on their pancakes.  I am partial to good ol' fashioned Canadian Maple Syrup (or President's Choice...if that's all you can smuggle in to the country) or apple sauce (which I didn't have on hand today). Of course, bacon MUST accompany...the salty crunch of the bacon combined with the gingery fluffyness of the pancakes topped off with the syrupy goodness...Pancake Heaven!


No comments:

Post a Comment