Thursday 17 December 2009

Successful Stroganoff (with a twist)

So yesterday was a really great day for me and after the Borscht mishap the night before I think you will agree I was due a smooth ride. 

The house is feeling festive, the cookies are baked, most of the provisions are bought, David's gifts from me and Santa are wrapped, ready and waiting, the laundry is basically up to date and the wedding invitations are almost finished.  What a wonderful time of the year it is! 

I got a little crafty in the afternoon...finished product to be revealed over the weekend I hope! And then, before I knew it DING DING DING it was time to get started on dinner.  Continuing the Russian theme I decided that I was going to make a Stroganoff....cause c'mon who doesn't love a little bit of cream and meat with a hint of lemon juice every now and again? MMMMMMMM says I. 

The twist you ask? Is not just the lemony goodness added at the end....The real twist is that I use CHICKEN! I know....I know...I know...not real Russian rich and lush beef stroganoff...but trust me...it is so good!



Just imagine, Leeks boiled in white wine, chicken, button mushrooms and cream...all bubbling together... finished off with a good squeeze of lemon and served over rice with lots and lots of parsely (brought home by the wonderful David).  The whole meal takes about 20 minutes to cook...basically you put on the rice and then get down and dirty with the leeks and chicken...simple, tasty and not too heavy.  A SUCCESS!

3 comments:

  1. I must say your version is much healthier; sounds fantastic!something to try in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Lord, Woman! Will you marry ME instead? You are the best little housewife in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sage- Rita...it is a great recipe and super easy to make!! I think it is a Jamie Oliver recipe, so it should be online x

    AB- I don't know how david would feel if I left him...x

    ReplyDelete