Tuesday 5 January 2010

Meatless Mondays begin!

David and I have made a decision to become more aware about the food that we eat.  We have decided to limit the amount of meat, fish and dairy that we purchase and try to our best to buy ethically reared and sourced goods.  It isn't going to be easy based on the limited availability here in Chelmsford, but we are going to try our best!

For our first Meatless Monday I roasted a bunch of root vegetables and a head of garlic in a Moroccan Spice Mix, tossed the veggies in some couscous with a squeeze of lemon and some chili infused olive oil, and filled out the meal with some Naan bread. 



It was a simple and rather tasty meal to make.  I've borrowed a great book from the library...World Vegetarian Classics by Celia Brooks Brown...and I've already chosen about 50 recipes to keep me busy (especially as the Baking Ban has gone into effect)!

5 comments:

  1. It's very interesting!I'll try one day.
    Thank you for sharing Victoria!
    Have a lovely day.
    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annalisa- thanks for your comment. It was yummy...and good left over for lunch too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love couscous. I have a recipe, using pork chops, you stuff them with couscous and dried cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria,

    I also should try to limit my baking. But that is going to be hard because I start a baking course next week. I guess my co-workers will appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moogie...i love couscous too (who am i kidding I seem to love everything)...porkchops and dried cherries with couscous...wow!!

    Karine...i am only limiting the baking under duress! lol!

    ReplyDelete