Sunday 30 May 2010

Carrot Apple Muffins

It is a long weekend here in the UK and so...in true long weekend fashion...it rained and rained yesterday.  I was trapped inside for most of the day (my day off) and since David is studying for his finals this week I was confined to the living room (shhhhhh quiet) and kitchen.  Nothing worthwhile on tv...meaning the only thing available to me for entertainment was...you guessed it...BAKING!

My friend Clare kindly lent me her Primrose Bakery Cookbook the other week and I have been waiting for an opportunity to give it a go.  On a whim baking isn't always the easiest thing to do...eggs?SOFT butter? proper sugar??  umm.....lemme check...

No soft butter (no microwave either) so that cancels out most recipes...but not this recipe for Carrot Cupcakes, which are actually more like what I would call a muffin.  I didn't have as many carrots as the recipe called for so I added in a couple of grated apples to make up the difference. 


This recipe is really simple, and the muffins bake up light and airy.  I didn't bother with any icing (no butter...no cream cheese) but the recipe for orange cream cheese icing is on the list for the next time I bake these carrot apple muffins!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment