Sunday 27 December 2009

Hot Artichoke Dip



I found this recipe on the internet weeks ago, and can't for the life of me remember which site it came from...most likely allrecipes.com or something like that.  Anyway, it is fabulous! The flavour and texture is EXACTLY  like something my mum used to make when I was little...and which I would devour...and trust me...this was devoured too!!

I love artichokes, fresh, tinned or in oil in a jar....this recipe uses tinned artichoke hearts in water, and while I had to trudge all over Chelmsford to find them it was worth it (and I bought more than one tin...so that I would have some for next time...I am SO SMART!)!

Hot Artichoke Dip

1 large tin artichoke hearts  in water, drained and chopped
2 cloves garlic, pressed
4oz (113 g) fresh parmesean cheese, grated
1/3 cup mayonaise

Mix all ingredients together
Pour into oven proof dish
Bake in hot oven, about 15 mins or until bubbling

**you could whizz it all up in a food processer, but I like the texture when the artichoke hearts are chopped by hand**

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite dips. Thanks for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good; have not made this in years; you inspire my ; still have a house full of wonderful family who will heading back to Sarnia and Barrie in a couple of days. Taking a little break to visit my blog world.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moogie- thanks for your comments! Yes this dip is great!!! I am so happy that I re-discovered it!

    Sage- Rita hope that you are having a fab time with your family, looking forward to reading about your celebration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried dip like this, it looks very simple, like me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Medo...thank you for stopping by!!!! it is such a simple dip (but oh so yummy!)

    ReplyDelete