Wednesday 23 December 2009

This is SNOT funny...

Monday night David went to sleep with a cold and Tuesday morning I woke up with it!! How terrible is that? Christmas is only a few days away and I have a full fledged four alarm head cold....sinuses full of stuff.....and it just doesn't stop coming....

I lay on the couch for what seemed like hours, I didn't clean anything up from breakfast (or the few dishes from dessert the night before), I watched Dick Tracy and Jeremy Kyle (the UK's answer to Sally Jesse)...nothing could make me feel better....and then before I knew it...it was 1:30 and I needed something comforting for lunch.

I needed heat....both temperature and spice...I needed something to get my nose running even more freely...normally I would make up a sort-of asian broth, with hot chili sauce, ginger, carrots, celery and rice noodles (toss in some left over chicken).....but there was no site of anything like that in my fridge....there was, however, a small broccoli and a medium calabrese broccoli needing some attention...

My mum makes a yummy broccoli soup with curry powder...Just what I needed! Vegetable Vitamens, hot hot soup and hot hot spice from the curry. 

Leeks, Broccoli, Parsely, curry poweder and stock....simple and yummy....puree with trusty NEW hand blender and voila.....get the Kleenex ready it is going to be a runny nose kind of week!


No comments:

Post a Comment