Thursday 8 July 2010

Allotment Thai Curry

To my surprise the lack of rain hasn't really harmed my allotment this past week.  I'll admit to anyone who asks that I am a terrible allotment grower.  I can't be bothered to go watering morning, noon and night...I can't be bothered to plan the plot out...I can't be bothered.  Don't get me wrong, I love growing and I am totally excited by everything that just appears from teeny tiny little specks of seeds...but it's the getting there that drives me bonkers.  Anyway...things are growing...they are growing well...they just aren't QUITE there yet...the few handfuls of goodies I brought home yesterday were, however, enough to create a yummy, summery and comforting meal tonight!


Courgette and swiss chard red thai curry!

5 comments:

  1. this looks amazing but maybe you can help me with a problem... I thought my courgettes were doing well, they are very small, have huge yellow flowers and then once they flower, the courgette seems to go yellow and die... what's that all about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. belleaukitchen...the first couple of courgettes on each of my plants this year have grown about 3 inches, flowered and then have just stopped growing...the flower has died and i've just chopped the fruit off then...small, but tasty still. Don't know what's going on this summer!! it is so heartbreaking when things don't grow right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This curry looks so tasty - I was wondering what to do with my swiss chard - now I know! thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having grown many courgettes over the years, it's probably because they haven't been pollinated. Unless you have self-fertilising ones you need a male flowering at the same time as a female. Once they get going properly there are usually plenty of males. I'm just envious you've got any - no signs yet of any flowers on mine at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. freerangegirl....thanks for stopping by!! I love growing swiss chard but often find myself at a loss at what to do...usually it is a stir fry, but i've got a new recipe for chard cakes to try next week!!! :)

    Choclette...I've literally had 4 fruits and have been pollenating by hand...just a bit slow this year i think!! Soooo exctied you got Plenty!! looking forward to reading some posts!

    ReplyDelete