Friday 29 October 2010

Yin Yang cookies for Becky's Birthday

It is my friend Becky's birthday this weekend!! I couldn't wait to make something totally fantastic to take to her party...the problem?? We are taking the train...hardly the ideal environment for carting creamy cakes and delicate delecatables.  I was moaning about the totally obvious problem when David said "why don't you just buy something when we get there?" GAK! Stab me through the heart!!  Ignoring David I plowed though my recipe books and the internet to find something...anything...that would be perfect for Becky, and then...I happened upon this Martha Stewart recipe for two toned sugar cookies resembling the yin yang symbol...PERFECT! Becky is a total hippy child, and short of cookies in the shape of gerry bears or peace signs there is nothing I could think of that would be more fitting than ying yang cookies!!



Cue total un-hippy-like meltdown.  These are the flipping stupidest cookies in the whole wide world!!!  I was close to tears the dough was totally uncooperative and annoying!  I've only made these kind of slice and bake cookies once before, and NOW I do remember struggling last time too...what I will say is that they are delicious! BUT I will never make them again!

3 comments:

  1. They look Wonderful Vic - have a great time at your Party xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look so fabulous....i'm sure you'll make them again (without the grrrrrrrrr ).... and Becky will love them....

    mummi-ji

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cherry...thanks! all the tears were worth it!

    Mummi-ji...no i don't think i will ever make them again..it is your responsibility to remind me of all the grrrrrrrr : xx

    ReplyDelete