Wednesday 6 July 2011

More fresh green food!

Looking back on the last few dishes I have posted I am met with a gallery of beautiful and bold green veggies looking back at me.  Broad beans, courgettes and spring cabbages to name a few...and...do not fear...I will not fail you today!  Green is on the menu, it seems.

Last night I made yet another fabulous pasta dish from Denis Cotter's For the Love of Food.  Sauteed thinly sliced fennel, courgettes, spring onions and capers tossed in a little olive oil, added to rigatoni and topped with heaps of grated parmesan cheese.  Absolutely perfect for a stormy summer night!

4 comments:

  1. looking good !!! LOVE THE RED HANDLE TOO x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pasta dish, especially with the fennel. Thanks for the inspiration. Will be cooking this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving these summer pasta dishes with green veggies and a bit of cheese. I'm on a fennel kick after avoiding it for years. Looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry...oooo!! totally not trying to be Arty :)

    Michael...the fennel is such a nice addition...I wasn't too sure...but it cooks down really nicely.

    Sue...thanks!! I love a good summer pasta dish! :)

    ReplyDelete