Tuesday 2 February 2010

Meatless Monday Mushroom Spinach and Feta Pasta Bake


I love me a ooey gooey steaming pasta casserole.  One of the first meals David ever cooked for me was a tuna pasta casserole with crushed up potato chips on top and I thought "wow this is the man for me!"

Now pasta bakes (as they call them here) have become an easy and tasty fall-back meal.  In this version I just used up the end bits of the vegetables lurking in the fridge..a quarter of a leek, a couple of handfuls of spinach, 4 or 5 sad looking mushrooms, and a clove of garlic all sauteed until soft, mixed with a quarter of a block of crumbled feta cheese along with a jar of store bought tomato and basil pasta sauce, some cooked farfalle and topped with grated white cheddar cheese (no potato chips) and baked in the oven till golden and crispy (in reality as long as I can cope with it baking....being starving and all!)


3 comments:

  1. Yummy yummy yummy yummy!!!!
    I want this!!!!

    *drooling* :O this is the best pasta bake I have ever seen...! Love Feta cheese!You're so talented! Can I come for dinner??

    Great great great!!!

    Annalisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annalisa...it was really yummy! I was a bit unsure of the feta (which I love but usually I would have used ricotta)...but it was so so so good! Come for dinner anytime!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks super.... even though it has no meat.

    ReplyDelete