Saturday 30 June 2012

Last Minute Bridal Shower Gift



I really appreciate handmade gifts...I think because I love giving handmade stuff I appreciate the thought, work and love that goes into making something special.  A colleague of mine is getting married over the summer and we threw her a bridal shower at school this week.  It was a bit of a rush...it is just so busy at the end of term...and I kinda sorta forgot to sort out my gift before everything got on top of me.  

When I finally remembered last weekend I rushed around assessing the materials on hand and wracking my brain for something sweet and girly...but classy, to make.  I found a few balls of organic cotton yarn and got to work knitting up a couple of facecloths. 

Paired with a square bar of glycerine soap (rewrapped in brown paper) and tied together with some bits of raffia and the most perfect ribbon  (leftover from our wedding invitations...I absolutely love it) this last minute gift was complete.  

No comments:

Post a Comment