Thursday 12 April 2012

Cake Cravings...satisfied

I don't know what it is...or why I do it to myself...but I get myself all snuggled in for the evening with my cup of tea, turn on the TV and subject myself to hour after hour of baking shows.  I watch, and I drool and I just end up craving cake.  

Tuesday night was no exception...I got all snuggled into watch The Hairy Bikers Bakeation and BAM I felt a rumbling in my tummy...I needed Cake.  I sent a pleading pathetic tweet out into the twittersphere and before I knew it people were actually tweeting me pictures of cake! It was so so so good...but I needed more.  

Cue Cake Ladies...a few tweets back and forth and we had a date set up for 10am the next morning!



We met at Bon Papillon...a uber cute gallery/cafe in New Town...and settled in for a good chat over cake and scones.  

There is something so satisfying about an impromptu cake meet, especially at 10am! The luxuries I've been enjoying over the past couple of weeks will seem a lifetime away when I am back at work on Monday...wiping noses and cleaning scraped knees.  

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of flash cake mobs organised over twitter - how civilised! Fantastic x

    ReplyDelete