Tuesday 17 April 2012

Random Recipes: Belleau Kitchen is 2!

Happy 2nd Birthday to Belleau Kitchen!! It was only a couple of months ago that we were celebrating the 1st anniversary of the Random Recipe Challenge and now...Belleau Kitchen is 2! For this month's random recipe challenge Dom asked us to bake him something...to celebrate the big birthday. I've only got one book entirely dedicated to baking (S&S) and, while I'm loving making my way through Dan's tome I felt that it was time to kick it old skool. 


I hauled out my own recipe book...full of handwritten notes and copies of things my mum used to make me.  I took out all the baking/dessert pages messed them up a bit, closed my eyes and hoped for the best.  

The result? Peppermint Buttercream...

Luckily the other side of the page had a recipe for my Nonna's Banana Bread...a family favourite.  Maybe not as OTT as some birthday cakes...but special in its own way (plus rammed full of chocolate chunks and walnuts...luxury). 

So...Happy Birthday Belleau Kitchen...and welcome to the terrible twos xx

8 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic, love banana bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe not that OTT but I think it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is just so lovely. It's so nice to have a cake that is so personal to you and your family. What an inspired idea! Thanks so much for making my favourite cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....doesn't it look FAB-u-lous!!!!...love how those "tried and true" recipes never let us down....

    mummi-ji
    x0

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you didn't make peppermint buttercream! This looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmm, it does look good Victoria. I can see why it is a family favourite. I don't have many recipes passed on to me at all. Just a few from my mum and one from my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great sounding banana bread. Have you ever made the Peppermint Buttercream, is it good? GG

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world is a better place with the presence of banana bread ... your Nonna was a wise woman to include the chocolate and nuts! Yummah!

    ReplyDelete