Wednesday 4 April 2012

Fish Pie @home

I love pie...well I love pastry...but there is something so comforting about a piping hot meat (or fish) pie served up straight from the oven.  When I saw the horrible weather that was forecast for yesterday I just knew that it was going to be a pie day.  


Normally fish pies are topped with mashed potatoes but after I spied a recipe for a puff pastry topped fish pie in the new issue of delicious magazine I thought...I'll have me a big scoop of that! I made the creamy sauce from the magazine recipe...it was so easy, basically a white sauce with a dollop of cream cheese, chopped parsley and lemon zest.  Into that I added salmon, haddock and a handful of tiger prawns. Topped with a fancy puff pastry top and into the oven it went until puffed up and gorgeous.  

2 comments:

  1. Glorious pie Victoria! I just love fish pie, most often topped with mashed potatoes, but I am easy... :) Wouldn't say no to a pie like this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria.....your pie looks great....I love the little fish cut-outs that you put on the top of your pastry!!

    mummi-ji
    x0

    ReplyDelete