Sunday 22 April 2012

The Edinburgh Cake Ladies are 2!!

Yesterday I was invited to a intimate gathering of the Edinburgh Cake Ladies in honour of the group reaching it's second birthday.  We spent the afternoon celebrating all things cake (and tea) in the cosiest of afternoon tea locations...one of the member's home!  



As I nestled into my comfy swively chair I thought...now this is luxury...8 gorgeous cakes, lashings of hot tea and the sweetest waitress in town (one of the member's 12yr old niece).  

We started with some savoury nibbles of breads and cheeses and crisps and grapes before moving onto the main event.  Please don't assume that because this was an intimate gathering the cakes would reflect that in size.  We cake ladies aim to please and satisfy cravings.  



Polena Raspberry Cake...so fresh it was still warm when it arrived


Lemon Curd and Cream Sponge...perfectly tangy 


Orange and Blackberry "Pillow" Cake...so large there wasn't a cake plate big enough!


Fraisier...french strawberry gateaux C'est Magnifique! 


Meringue Birthday Cake...perfectly light with an excellent birthday message 


Hot Pepper Jelly Chocolate Cake...spicy and rich


Raspberry Mousse Cake...drop dead gorgeous

AND 


My Swedish Almond Cake








6 comments:

  1. Amazing post !!! xxx Happy 2nd Birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great cake haul...I might move to Edinburgh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a feast. Some amazing cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, can I join? The only problem is I'm "across the pond." Happy 2nd Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could hardly wait to see the pictures!!!
    What a great way to celebrate a 2nd birthday!!

    mummi-ji
    xo

    ReplyDelete