Wednesday 11 April 2012

Scandi brekkie

After making my totally gorgeous Study Break Jam yesterday I whipped up a batch of Bircher Muesli in the thought that it would be a great way to use my jam...you know...other than on toast.  When I was in high school, and university for that matter, I worked at a supermarket that had a prepared foods section run by the Movenpick food group.  One of my favourite things to buy for my break was a container of bircher muesli mixed with fruits and yoghurt...and until yesterday I had never made my own.  


I just threw the ingredients together after reading the recipe in a copy of Scandilicious loaned to me by Katey over at Edinburgh Eats.  I didn't have the exact ingredients...well except for oats and milk...so I just sort of winged it.  The mixture needs to sit over night for the oats to absorb all the milk and get soft...and this morning when I opened up the ice cream container I had stored it in everything looked swell(ed). 

Topped with my Study Break Jam and some creamed honey this was a delicious way to start the day! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, great way to start the day. Haven't had Bircher muesli for years, but it was a high treat when I lived in Switzerland. We'd go out and have it with great spoonfuls of thick Swiss cream - mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete